2018 UNDER 15/14 CHAMPIONSHIP RULES
See below for the 2018 Draw
- To contribute to growing and developing a large pool of players, coaches and officials capable of successfully representing Netball Mainland (NM) and the Centres at higher levels
- To ensure that NM and Centres have a quality competition programme at U15/U14 level
- To provide players with an age and capability appropriate challenging competition that is scheduled to ensure player well being
- The event is to be known as the NM Under 15/14 Championships and is owned & held by NM
- To play in this championship, All players must be female and be under the age of 15 on 1 January 2018
- No player is permitted to take part in two consecutive events. For the avoidance of doubt, no player can play in the U17NZAG tournament and the Zone U15/U14 tournament.
- No Centre team is to play in any u14/u15 fixture outside of this event
- The Centre is responsible to ensure that all players selected for the Centre are eligible. Proof of the registration and /or eligibility of a player may be requested by NM.
- All players participating in the Championships must be members of NM and eligible for the Centre they are representing at the Championships in accordance with NM membership and registration regulations
- Any team found to be in breach of the NM membership and registration regulations will forfeit the match/s in which that player/s participated in and may lose any corresponding championship points
- Small Centres may wish to cluster / use players from another Centre in order to field a team. A letter seeking approval to NM’s Performance Manager will be required for this. Approval will be given on a case by case basis and considered on its own merit.
- Each team shall be under the control of a coach and Manager or combination thereof
- Teams are required to complete all matches as specified in the NM U15/U14 Championship format
- A team consists of no less than ten (10) players and no more than twelve (12) players
- All players must play a minimum of 50% of game time during the weekend (unless an injury or illness occurs) failure to comply will result in the loss of competition points.
- Matches consist of four (4) periods of ten (10) minutes or a variation of (dependent on entry numbers)
- All games will be played in accordance with the INF rules unless otherwise stated
- All teams who enter must provide an umpire with the minimum qualification of Zone practical level. If your Centre does not have an appropriately qualified umpire there may be a pool of umpires that you can draw from at your own cost
- Entry fee for one team is $200 and $150 per team thereafter for any additional teams from the Centre e.g. 2 teams entry fee is $350, 3 teams entry fee is $550
- Draw – games which may result in a draw and those games which must be played to an outright winner (that is cannot result in a draw) will be identified on the draw format and notified to all teams and officials before and during the championships
- On Finals games (cross overs, semi and finals) of the Championships where no draws are permitted the following will apply in the event that the score is even at full time:
- There will be a 30 second interval at the end of full time during which teams can make substitutions and / or changes
- The Centre pass is taken by the team entitled to the next Centre Pass
- Stoppages for injury or illness are up to 30 seconds and the player concerned must come off
- Play continues until one (1) team has a two (2) goal advantage
- Each team will be required to each provide a scorer or timekeeper for each game. These people must stand together in the designated area during the game
- Championship points will be awarded as follows:
- 4 points for a win
- 2 points for a draw
- 1 point for a loss of 3 goals or less
- 0 point for a loss of more than 3 goals
- In the event of a tie on points at the end of pool play the result of the game between the two teams will decide the winner.
- If the two teams drew their game, or if more than two teams have the same number of points at the end of pool play, goal ratio of the games will decide the placing (i.e. goals for divided by goals against)
- If goal ratio is identical, then goal difference will be applied (i.e. the difference between goals for and goals against)
- In the event of a further tie, the team scoring the most goals for will be declared the winner
- In the event of a dispute or incident report, any protests will be made in writing to the Host Centre or NM representative within 30min of the incident occurring or the completion of the game and accompanied by a fee of $50.00. The fee will be forfeited if the protest is considered to have been made without reasonable cause.
- If any dispute arises from the interpretation of these rules or the need arises to deal with any matter not provided for in the rules, reference in writing shall be made to or by NM whose decision shall be binding on all parties.
- NM has the right to amend or make additions to these rules as required and from time to time. Any rule updates will be circulated to all parties as required.